When will tickets go on sale?
Fans can reserve season tickets for the 2021-22 season in now by visiting the Wisconsin Herd ticket page and placing a deposit for standard seating or premium seating. Information on single-game tickets and partial season packages will be available at a later date.
How much will tickets cost?
See our ticket page for more information.
How can I get a job with the team?
How can I submit a donation request from the Wisconsin Herd for my organization’s auction or raffle?
Please see the submission form and guidelines on our community page for any donation requests.
Where can I park to attend Herd home games?
There is limited free general parking in the Oshkosh Arena lot. All guests will enter from the 11th Avenue entrance at 11th & South Main. Street parking near the arena is also free for guests.
The Handicap parking entrance and Verve VIP parking entrance is located on South Park Avenue. All stalls in the South West corner of the lot are reserved for Handicap parking (must have a license plate or handicap hanger card). For more information, please see Oshkosh Arena’s website.
The Wisconsin Herd
When did the team begin play?
Where does the team play?
Oshkosh Arena – 1212 South Main St. Oshkosh, WI 54902
Who does the team play?
The NBA G League features 30 teams for the 2021-22 season, adding three expansion teams in the Motor City Cruise, Birmingham Squadron and Mexico City Capitanes.
Who owns the team?
The Milwaukee Bucks.
Who manages/coaches the team?
The Bucks oversee the basketball staff for the team. Dave Dean is the general manager and the Head Coach will be named ahead of the 2021-22 season.
Do Bucks players regularly play on the team?
The NBA G League provides an excellent avenue for young players to gain valuable experience. Operating our own NBA G League franchise will provide even more opportunities for our younger players to continue developing their skills. All NBA players are eligible to be assigned to the NBA G League, with players having more than three years of NBA experience needing to consent to the assignment.
How can I watch the games?
In the Oshkosh, Wisconsin area, all home games are televised on MYNEW32. Check local listings.
NBA G League games, with the exception of those that are televised nationally, are streamed live on NBAGLeague.com.
Games can be found on ESPNU, ESPN+, NBA TV and Twitch.
NBA G League
What is the NBA G League?
The NBA G League, formally known as the NBA Development League, is the NBA’s official minor league, preparing players, coaches, officials, trainers and front office staff for the NBA while acting as the league’s research and development laboratory.
How many games are in an NBA G League season?
Each NBA G League team plays a 50-game schedule. Twenty-four (24) of those games will be played at home. Two games are played on a neutral site as part of the league’s annual NBA G League Showcase.
Where will the players come from?
The NBA G League features a mix of young players, established pros looking for an opportunity to catch on with an NBA franchise, and players on assignment from their parent teams. The NBA G League draft occurs each fall after NBA rosters are finalized.
Who is eligible to be drafted?
The league signs about 180 players each year to join the pool of draft-eligible prospects. They include college players who went undrafted in the NBA Draft, international prospects, and players who were recently waived by NBA teams following training camp. Players must be 18 years old to be eligible for the NBA G League Draft, as opposed to the NBA’s age minimum of 19.
How many NBA G League players have made it to the NBA?
A record 272 of the 526 players (52%) on 2018-19 NBA end-of-regular-season rosters have NBA G League experience. All 30 NBA teams finished the season with at least five NBA G League veterans on their roster, with a record 10 teams featuring 10 or more such players.
Forty-eight NBA G League players earned 55 GATORADE Call-Ups to the NBA during the 2018-19 season.
Wisconsin Herd Call-Ups
- James Young – Philadelphia 76ers (17-18 season)
- Xavier Munford – USA Basketball & Milwaukee Bucks (17-18 season)
- Brandon Jennings – Milwaukee Bucks (17-18 season)
- Travis Trice – USA Basketball (18-19 season)
- Rayjon Tucker – Utah Jazz (19-20 season)
- Jaylen Adams – USA Basketball (19-20 season)
- Jaylen Adams – Portland Trailblazers (19-20 season)
- Justin Patton – Detroit Pistons (19-20 season)
Where do NBA G League players come from?
There are eight different paths a player can take to the NBA G League:
- NBA teams can assign players to their NBA G League affiliate and recall them at any time.
- NBA teams can draft players and sign them to NBA G League contracts, thus retaining their rights through the “Draft Rights Player” rule.
- NBA teams can designate up to two “two-way” players who are on the NBA team’s roster but will primarily play in the NBA G League
- NBA teams can designate up to four players that they cut during training camp as “affiliate players,” meaning those players will join that team’s NBA G League affiliate (should the players choose to sign into the NBA G League). These players are signed under contract with the league rather than the team, however, meaning they are technically free agents who can be called up to any of the 30 NBA teams.
- NBA G League teams hold local tryouts each off-season and can invite up to five players from these tryouts to their training camps.
- The NBA G League holds a draft every year consisting of nearly 200 players who have signed contracts with the league.
- Players who return to the NBA G League are, by rule, re-acquired by the teams that they played for within the last two seasons (Returning Players).
- Once the NBA G League season begins, players who sign NBA G League contracts are placed into a rotating waiver pool so that teams can claim them.
- If a player from high school, college or overseas enters the NBA G League without ever having declared for the NBA Draft, he will also join the waiver pool. That player remains NBA Draft-eligible but is not eligible to be called up to the NBA.
When a new franchise joins the league, an expansion draft is held in which the new team selects 16 players from a pool of unprotected players among the league’s other teams. The expansion team will then hold that player’s NBA G League rights for two seasons. Each returning team can protect up to 12 of its players from being selected.
What is the value in owning/operating your own G League team?
Operating our own team provides a valuable platform for developing players, coaches and even front office personnel while providing another vehicle to connect with the many passionate basketball fans across the state of Wisconsin.