Herd Hype presented by SCHEELS is a high-energy crew is responsible for fan interaction, live promotions, greeting fans, concourse activities and prize giveaways. Herd Hype also will be active year round at community events throughout Central Wisconsin.
WHO: Performers 18 years of age or older who possess an energetic and outgoing personality
WHEN: Tuesday, Oct. 10 / Registration Opens: 5:30 p.m. / Tryout: 6:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
WHERE: The 20th Avenue YMCA (3303 W. 20th Ave., Oshkosh, WI)
- Comfortable performing in front of 3,500+ people
- Outstanding communication skills and a positive, energetic personality
- Reliable, punctual and courteous
- Ability to work most, if not all, 2017-28 Herd home games, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Able to work up to 50+ events out in the community
- Applicants must be 18 years or older
- Athletics, cheerleading, dancing break or pep squad background preferred
- Must have reliable form of transportation
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is being a member of Herd Hype a full-time job?
No, it is a paid part-time seasonal opportunity, but, each member is expected to work the majority of games.
Do you stay employed by the team after the season ends?
Yes, the job doesn’t end after the season. The organization has a lot of appearances in the community throughout the summer and Herd Hype members are expected to be available.
What is the time commitment like?
Typically, Herd Hype arrives 1.5 hours prior to tipoff, stays throughout the entire game, and leaves approximately 30 minutes after the game ends. Additionally, Herd Hype attends events in the community throughout the year. It is encouraged that potential members have a flexible schedule and strong time management skills.
What should I wear to auditions?
Comfortable, athletic-type clothing & tennis shoes with non-marking soles.
What do I need to bring to auditions?
- Completed application
- Signed waiver
- Driver’s license, or other form of photo identification
What will the judges be looking for?
Judges will be looking for a variety of different characteristics in potential team members; well-rounded performers, people of good character, great personalities, passionate about the Wisconsin Herd, team players, and above all individuals who will be great ambassadors for the Wisconsin Herd.
Are auditions open to the public?
No, Herd Hype auditions will be closed to the public, including friends and family members.